Saturday, June 24, 2017

Loving & Working on Our New Home

We have been so busy that I have not blogged for almost 3 months! Time flies when you work constantly and try to squeeze out every bit of daylight that you can.Nate graduated in May from the Landscaping program at CVTC here in Eau Claire and has been working on average 50- 60 hours a work week! I am so proud of him and on top of that we have been so busy doing landscaping and other projects. I am working at Elite Realty Group here in Eau Claire on average 40-50 hours a week. We are crazy, we know.

We have been putting so much work into the outside of our home during the start of the summer and now there is something to show of it. I planted a bunch of flowers to make the house feel more homey. I picked out an old wash tub on a stand, a metal tin, and a small whisky barrel to plant some flowers in it. I used a lot of tropical plants like a Croton, Mother- In- Law Tongue (Snake Plant), and a Bromeliad to bring color to the pale outside of the house. I filled in with other annuals like purple queen, coleus, double impatiens, and wandering jew. I am obsessed with how the wandering jew looks hanging over my metal planters and I definitely think it makes the front of our home look stunning. I have an old, faded, blue chair that I set out by the front door to give it a little more color! I have some succulents that are inside to liven up the interior. I have one succulent in the middle of my dining table, and an air plant in my bathroom, and another succulent hanging in my kitchen.

 



 

Nate installed drain tile and put in rock and edging on the back side of our rental for our landlord! The water was running off straight into the back of our rental and Nate fixed it so the run off would go around.
.







I found a new addiction as well. I downloaded the Etsy app and I have bought something almost everyday I have had the app. I love it! I recently bought a kitchen stencil that I used on an old piece of barn wood that I collected from somewhere and it turned out better than I thought it would. I hung it in the kitchen and every day that I come home I look at it and love it more and more. Most of our kitchen is copper and the wood piece gives it just enough of a farm- style touch! I have a large gather stencil that is coming in the mail next!


                          

Nate and I have been so busy, only because we make it that way. We try to both work full time, plus do projects around the house, plus hang out with our family, and sometimes its hard to say, "Let's relax and just sit on our butts, we deserve it!" I love him just because of how hard he works. We are trying to enjoy the summer rays as much as we can. Honestly, working as hard as we do makes every minute up on the Lake that more enjoyable.


We have a couple projects on our plate right now. I picked up an old and rusted drink cart that I already spray painted copper and Nate is building wood trays for it. I also have the gather stencil coming in the mail that I have to figure out what I am going to paint it on and where I am going to put it. The final project that I have in my head right now is redoing the old dresser knobs of our dresser and putting new metal handles on it. My family recently bought a new cabin on Lake Holcombe too! So I will most definitely be posting photos of decorating the new place!

Thank you for reading, we appreciate it so much! Enjoy the summer rays while they are here!
Nate and Madalen xoxo