Sunday, January 19, 2020

Girl's Nursery feat. Charcoal Blue

Mallory's nursery is complete and will endlessly change as we reach different stages of her life. I already had all the basic decisions made and big ticket items purchased before we knew the gender of our little one. Sherwin Williams Charcoal Blue paint color was my first decision I made. I fell in love with how rich the color was and I loved the idea of playing with different pops of color. The contrast is so intense with a variety of colors that even the smallest items turn into such key statement pieces. Blue is so neutral especially when it's paired with vibrant colors. 

The neutral and basic theme continues. I added a gunmetal colored curtain rod with cream colored curtains and moved this rug from our living room to the nursery. The wood floors needed a white rug to brighten the room and to make the room feel more spacious. The photos do not lie; there is very limited space in this room. It's unique shape and size really was a challenge when trying to find all the items that fit together and flow. Finding a dresser gave me a good run. The dresser could only be so tall to be utilized as a changing table, needed an abundant amount of storage for most of the baby clothes, and had to be short in width so it would not crowd the crib's space. I scavenged the internet and thrift sales until I came across this one that would fit perfectly in our space. After some contact paper, prime and paint the dresser could be checked off the nursery checklist.  

Mallory's room consists of so many antique and thrift items along with some new items to help give it a personalized touch. I cannot pinpoint a specific theme. We definitely defied the nursery norm of Pinterest and gray walls. The mahogany colored wood accents and white accents allow the Charcoal blue paint to have so much purpose. In the beginning, I stated that Mallory's room is complete but now I think I have a great base of items and I could definitely go shopping for more fun accents of my own to add to the mix. Some fun greenery pressed wall art, boho themed accent pillows for the crib, a fun knitted poof up next to the tepee, a plant in a fun raised planter with a stand...
See how my mind wanders just like a home goods store from aisle to aisle. 

Thank you for reading and enjoy the photos of Miss Mallory's room.
XOXO