Sunday, December 2, 2018

A Time of Comfort & Purpose

    Purpose is what we all long. Whether we are trying to find purpose through our career, the places we seek, or family connections, we always can rely on the holiday season to centralize ourselves. This holiday season I find that my purpose is to seek out different experiences and traditions while remaining loyal to the traditions I keep near. These new traditions and experiences I speak of have a lot to do with my most valued possession: my home. Home is where we all find comfort during the holidays. I know that I have purpose towards helping others accomplish finding their place of comfort and helping to show others how to make their house a home that they can express themselves fully. Ideas and thoughts come easy to me and I hope someday to put this purpose of mine to good use. With that being said, I would like to share my place of comfort during the most wonderful time of the year.

   Let the greens take over your outdoor space. There's nothing more inviting during the holidays than the look of fresh greens outside a home. In Wisconsin, we especially need to bring some life to our outside, because of the snow making all color disappear. Make your outside inviting for your family to come home to every day. It is worth the effort to create the feeling of comfort and ownership.








   The Christmas tree is the best part of decorating. My theme this year is woodsy with a touch of class. I kept it super simple and chose a lot of grey tones to combine together. Don't be afraid to be bold and add large pieces to your tree instead of using multiple small pieces. I used my galvanized tree collar last year which goes well with the grey tones, but I felt I needed something richer.


   For my finale I wanted to share my new find that I came across at our local second hand store. I plan to have this buffet for years to come, because of how much functionality and organization it brings to my dining room. My dining room is the place where I find the most comfort in my home. I find that comfort through my decoration and pieces that I have accumulated over time just like this buffet. I always look forward to coming home and spending time at the dinner table.




   During this holiday season I hope you all find your comfort at home and feel purpose towards your experiences and traditions with friends and family. When talking with a friend, we determined that our time is what is valued during this time of year. This Christmas try spending time with close friends and relatives out of the times you traditionally get together. Think of experiences that you can do together to make your memories more savored during this fun season and be present with the people that gather.

Thank you for your support and have a joyful holiday season everyone.