Sunday, April 2, 2017

Metal Siding Entertainment Center



Together, Nate and I created an awesome entertainment center for ourselves. The idea came about when we started to talk about up coming projects that we both wanted to do. I started talking about metal siding and corrugated metal and I had a vision of metal on the sides and back encased with dark stained wood. What I love about this project is that this project is the first project that I thought of and Nate brought to life. How blessed am I? I told him my ideas and what I was envisioning in my head and he made it.

Materials and The Make
Nate used pine to make the center. He cut all the pieces to length with his skill saw and made it a decent size. I wanted it big and I am sure he could of made it smaller, but I like that it is a statement piece for the living room. When people walk into the living room, their eye will be instantly drawn to the beautiful piece of furniture. I sanded it down and put on about 4 coats of a dark walnut stain. I want it darker so I think I am going to try a gel stain to give it more of a professional look, so the metal really contrasts with the wood. I love this piece of furniture. A big thank you to Nate for making my vision come to life!

Projects Update
Right now I am in the process of refurbishing a large dining bench and painting the legs white. I went to Joann Fabrics and picked out a grey upholster patterned fabric to complement my 2 toned dining table with a dark grey wood top and white legs. I wanted the leg color to match and I think the grey patterned fabric is going to look great. Nate and I are planning on getting a place that we can call home in the next week or so, so fingers crossed to moving out and moving in with my bestfriend. I cannot wait to decorate and start posting more projects that we are up to!
We are also still working on the barnwood headboard for one of our friends. I promise you, that project reveal will be coming soon.

Thank you for reading!
Nate and Madalen