Monday, March 13, 2017

Our American Dream Starting Point

Nate and I (Madalen) are creating this blog named, "Up North Projects," to share all of our creative DIY projects and other inspiring thoughts we come up with together to influence and help others get creative insight. Additionally, we both want to further our skills in the fields of construction, landscaping and designing to become successful entrepreneurs together. A true American dream story. We want to share the building process of our journey with anyone and everyone that it intrigues and interests.

My passion is decorating. From refurbishing and painting to placing furniture in the right places with the coordinated colors is what I love to do. I am always up for a challenge and love organizing a project's final touches to make it look appealing and attractive. I have gone to the Atlanta Mart twice now and have been exposed to new and exciting ideas. Personality pairing is key for my projects while still having it appeal as a whole to outsiders at the same time. I am the dreamer and idealist. I love creating big ideas in my head, plotting them out and then letting Nate take a hammer and nails to make my dreams come to life.

Nate's passion is woodworking. He always stops me while were driving running errands or eating out and tells me that woodworking is what he truly loves to do. He likes when his hands are dirty and his mind is moving. He is smart with measurements and running numbers through his head. Sometimes he talks me through the process and I usually just nod because my brain does not work that way. I'm getting better though being around Nate so much though. 

Together we are motivated and want to become hard working entrepreneurs who work side by side. As challenging as that sounds we work well together. We have the type of personalities that bounce of one another. I'll say, "What if you do this instead?" And he'll say, "Or, I can do this," and then we meet at a content medium. It's all about trust. Trusting that his idea will help the project go further than it would have with only my idea.

As of now, we have only done baby projects. Nate built me a pallet light box for my birthday and he built himself a pallet desk. This Christmas we did some pallet Christmas trees towering at 8 feet tall. We did some Birch log deer projects in various sizes and also some rope birch Christmas trees. Around Christmas time this year I will send out a project post.



We will be posting many projects we are working on, especially this coming summer of 2017! Check back in every so often to see what we are up to and how our journey is coming.

Thanks so much,
Nate and Madalen